Friday 14 February 2014

Guest Article: Dear Employer – Our Relationship Is Over! by Jason Averbook

Break Up


Our relationship is over! I am sorry to do this around Valentine’s Day, but I have been thinking about breaking up for some time. I have met another that I have greater interest in.


I have been watching Menlo Innovations from afar, however, today we connected. I was so impressed. I am excited to have a future with Menlo. For instance, I would be constantly learning as I would be paired with a fellow colleague on a daily basis so we can learn from one another. Additionally, communication would never be an issue between Menlo and myself. As part of regular training, I would learn about the organization’s financials. To tell you the truth, they are actually posted on a wall. Talk about “no secrets!”


Also, I would initiate my own performance reviews with selected peers vs. the annual reviews I experience with you (that are so pointless). Do you even remember what I did last year? Furthermore, if I need to bring my child in, it’s not an issue. They know I am committed to my work. Given the above, I would feel more of a commitment to them than you.


One more thing, Menlo would not treat me like a child. I am an adult and should be treated as such. I feel so confined with you, which in turn makes me unhappy.


I know you could not have done all of this, but you should have tried something vs. nothing. Just look at the others (e.g. Google). Yes, Google can offer a lot, but Menlo is still growing yet they offer what I want and need.


I am really sorry, but it’s over!


Sincerely,


Your #1 Employee


Another infusion of knowledge





Article source:Jason Averbook - Dear Employer – Our Relationship Is Over!»



Check out more of Jason Averbrook's work at hisblog

No comments:

Post a Comment