Friday 11 September 2015

Guest Article: The Weekly reMix – HR Lite Edition by Melissa Fairman

Not much HR this week.  Shocking I know.  I guess that my insights and interests were other places as some big events happened this week, culminating of course with the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks today. I’ve never written about that day because my memories of that day are nothing compared to people who lived through it directly or indirectly but it has affected me in other ways that this article sums up appropriately:

 

“But most people my age, we say it’s terrible, we mourn on the day, and we move on. Because we have to. I think it pushes us to be the best we can be, so we can make a difference for the future.”

 

Down the turnpike from me is Shanksville, Pennsylvania where flight 93 crashed.  A few years ago Bill Clinton gave this magnificent speech on the 10th anniversary of the attacks.  Take a listen and scroll on down for the other stuff I read this week:

 

 

Here is what I did read on the HR front this week:

 

How to Keep Your Career from Getting Outdated via Penelope Trunk

When Religious Liberty Clashes with Job Requirements via The Ohio Employer’s Law Blog

The 5 Best Cultural Fit Scenes From Hollywood via Fistful of Talent

Curiosity Did NOT Kill the (HR Lady’s) Cat via Robin Schooling

How to Debrief a Meeting Regardless of the Topic via HR Bartender

 

And Everything Else:

 

Spygate to Deflategate: Inside What Split the NFL and the Patriots Apart – via ESPN

Fashionable Grown-Up Backpack’s For Fall Under $150– yes this is a concern of mine.  Via Gen Y Girl

Who is the Ipad Pro For? Via The Verge

Trump’s War With Palm Beach – Via The Politico

How an Ohio Reporter Helped Convict More Than 100 Rapists – via Columbia Journalism Review


Article source:Melissa Fairman - The Weekly reMix – HR Lite Edition»

Check out more of Melissa Fairman's work at HR Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment