Thursday 12 November 2015

Guest Article: 5 Things to Know When You Move into Senior Management by Jennifer Miller

Stepping into a senior leadership role has its own set of unique challenges. The scope of your job gets bigger. You have to answer to more people. It’s easy to become distanced from the front-line workforce.

I interviewed several business people and asked, “What did you learn when you were promoted to upper management?” Some of their answers surprised me (“It’s not as political as I anticipated”); some didn’t (“I work a ton of hours.”)

You can read more about these smart, talented leaders in my latest Smartblog on Leadership post: Stepping up to senior leadership: lessons learned from those who’ve made the leap.

 


Article source:Jennifer Miller - 5 Things to Know When You Move into Senior Management»

No comments:

Post a Comment