Tuesday 12 April 2016

Guest Article: Big Data Needn’t Be “Evil Data” in the Workplace by Jennifer Miller

computer key humanity

When I work with executives, I’m wary when they get that “gleam” in their eye when reviewing reams of data with me. If it’s nothing but, “50% margin blah blah” and “trending indicators yada yada,” warning bells go off in my head. There needs to be the counter-weight of people somewhere in that equation to inform their decision-making.

Big data in the workplace isn’t a bad thing, if used to actually make the office a more “human” place to work.  My latest Huffington Post piece explores the how organizations pair the hi-tech of quantitative analysis with the old-school practice of personally connecting with people for maximum results. Go check it out at Big Data Doesn’t Mean Less Human at Work.

Want to view my past Huffington Post articles? Click here.

 

Image credit: Copyright: icetray / 123RF Stock Photo

 

 

 

 


Article source:Jennifer Miller - Big Data Needn’t Be “Evil Data” in the Workplace»

No comments:

Post a Comment