Wednesday 26 August 2015

Guest Article: I’m Tired of “Bad HR” Posts by Melissa Fairman

Change Your Thoughts

Please tell me I am not the only one who is tired of hearing about bad HR?

 

Anyone?

 

Everytime I turn around there are articles slamming HR or telling us why we suck, why we need to be replaced or why we are just bad. Just Google “bad HR” and you will see what I mean.  

 

I get it.  

 

There is a lot of bad HR out there. I’ve seen it too. Living through Bad HR is why I started this blog.

 

But there is also a ton of good in this field.  

 

I’ve written my fair share of rant posts complaining about HR and I probably still have a few left in me but I’m getting to a point where I feel like I’m just piling on, like the “bad HR” post is just an easy target.  There are a lot of people peddling that s*** and I’m tired of seeing it.  

 

I want more positive HR.  How about you? Do you want to keep reading stuff that says your profession sucks? Or would you rather see content highlighting good HR and good professionals?

 

I’m blessed to be connected with great HR pro’s who are making positive strides in our space, here are a couple places you can find them:

FOT’s Top 20 Branded Professionals – this series highlights HR pro’s who are living and breathing good HR: they are brand advocates,  they are active in social and/or their local chapter. They are the future.

 

HR Positive LinkedI group (Join if you haven’t already) – This group was recently created to exclusively highlight positive HR and HR pro’s.  Even better,  you don’t have to worry about bloggers like me promoting their posts, that rule is strictly enforced.

 

PerformanceICreate – full disclosure: I blog for this site about once a month but I know everyone on this site, they are the current and future leaders in the HR field and they are positive about HR.

 

Where do you see positive HR? Where is HR doing great and kicking ass? Let me know in the comments, I want to spread the word that HR doesn’t suck.

 


Article source:Melissa Fairman - I’m Tired of “Bad HR” Posts»

Check out more of Melissa Fairman's work at HR Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment